Hello from across the pond

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

visitor

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Brewers!

I've been home brewing since 2007 and even prior to traveling to London in 2019 I've been a big British beer fan. Since I was of legal age I've been attending NERAX and enjoying real ales. After my UK trip in 2019 I've always have a British beer in rotation. A few years ago I purchased my first hand pump as well as a pin and firkin. Beside real ales I have a fondness for all kinds of IPA's, stouts and porters. Recently I acquired a second hand pump, an Angram CO model, that needs some refurbishment.

My day time job is in Tech and is constantly getting interrupted by your weekday football matches that kick off during work hours. When not on the clock or brewing I'm typically doing something involved with the greatest game.

Look forward to learning and participating in the conversation.

Thanks for having me.

Cheers!

Welcome! What sort of brewing set up do you have?
Currently I'm rocking a Electric 3 vessel HERMS setup with a panel I built over last winter break.

Attachments

• HomeBrewery.jpeg
    HomeBrewery.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 0
I have been wanting to get a beer engine for years. I just can't stomach the $500 price they are selling them for over here. One of these days I'll make it back across the pond and pick up 2 or 3 to bring home.

Unless of course you have a more reasonable source over here?

Planning on brewing a bitter tomorrow evening after work so that I have something to pull through the beer engine. I don't have temperature control so I tend to just let the cask sit in the garage around cellar temperature and use it primarily during late autumn to early spring. Eventually I'll build something to hold my two engines and a fridge to control the temperature of the cask better.

Enjoying plenty of the FA Cup matches here, even without a pint in hand.

I have been wanting to get a beer engine for years. I just can't stomach the $500 price they are selling them for over here. One of these days I'll make it back across the pond and pick up 2 or 3 to bring home.

Unless of course you have a more reasonable source over here?
I bought my first from Mason and had it shipped, ended up costing me around $300US at the time. I ended up picking up a Angram CQ from UKBrewing during one of their sales, it wasn't cheap but I love the pump. I recently sold my Mason's to a friend and bought an Angram CO that needs some love. I need to sort out how to get some of the parts for the CO pump so I can get that into service.

I'd also love to source at least one more pin at a reasonable cost.

Not a lot of great options for purchasing equipment stateside.

Just got an email that pin casks are in stock over at UKBrewing and ordered a second one for my home brewery. Woot, now I need to get the Angram CO rebuild parts.

Bitter brew night tomorrow night.

Gosh that's quite an impressive set up not just for brewing with the installed plumbing and the array of serving options, it's also just the amount of space you have! A warm welcome too and a happy new year.

Latest posts

Back