Hello!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Stumbled upon this place when looking for advice on various bits, thought I'd join and try and be an active member.

My name's Aaron. I've had a few years on and off of making 2 can bucket mix brews with mixed success. I then tried my first brew in bag grain and thought it tasted decent even though it was fermented in a plastic bucket still and banged in a cupboard in the garage.

I ordered another kit but this was after many pints and it turned out I ordered a full grain kit, which definitely didn't fit into my pans I'd previously used 🤦‍♂️
Man maths put a Grainfather S40 in my basket and that was my introduction in to all grain brewing.
It was a Verdant Even sharks clone, the cheaper of the two I've seen in kit form.

I picked up an old fridge and made a fermentation fridge.

I think the brew went well, bottled into flip cap bottles, put into the fridge..... at 3° like an idiot. So it sat not carbonating for a week and then after trying it and speaking to a mate, I realised so bumped it back to 20° and left it for 2 weeks.
Definitely not a clone of Sharks but there was no water treatment or any lactose.

20230731_234357.jpg

Tasted ok though and was drank fairly quickly.

I've now got another one on the go but I expect to have issues with this one due to the amount of sediment in the fermentation bucket now (brewed Monday night). Might have to filter into a second bucket before my dry hops go in tomorrow (Thursday)

Anyway,
Enough of my rambling.

No doubt I'll be asking many questions on here.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back