Help needed new to kegging

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AXW123

Regular.
Reaction score
I have just kegged my first beer today having got sick of bottling! I kegged into a9.5 L Corny. I bought a new gas regulator which is Attached to a SodaStream. Bottle. I set pressure at 20 psi last night when I looked this morning it had dropped to 12 psi. Does this mean that my system is leaking or my regulator isn’t working properly.I did check it with Starsan. would I normally expect to see the pressure dropping.

I didn’t switch the pressure off. When I turned it back up to 20 I heard more gas go back in. Seems to have stabilised now at 18.

That’s normal. As Keller said that was the beer absorbing the CO2. It should now sit at pressure once it has carbonated

Is this only something that happens with SodaStream bottles? I have my kegs hooked up to a regular 6kg co2 bottle and sometimes forget to turn off the gas when I go to bed. When I discover what I have done in the morning, the psi hasn't dropped one bit. The beer is always already carbed before this happens though.

Reet! Doubt I will see it happening any time soon as I am far too impatient to use the set and forget method.

I would be too, except the beer I am kegging requires a week of ageing with Sumatran coffee grounds in a dry hop filter. Looks like shop bought beer for me this weekend.

Latest posts

Back