Help / Oops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyRobbo

Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I've had a small blunder. Iv fermented out a beer, it's going to be / was going to be a cherry wheat beer. I used voss kviek and pitched at 34° and held there for coming upto a week. The beer was done after a couple of days but I left it to sit in my Ferminator (temp control unit) as I went away for the night with my family. Here's the problem, I came home to find out that somehow the temperature had been raised to 60°c internally 🥵🥵🥵🥵. I have absolutely no idea how this has happened, I presume a faulty controller or a ghost in my man cave. Once iv had my house cleansed for the poltergeist activity.......Will this beer be 💩💩💩💩💩?
All advice welcome 😀😀😀

I’ve only used Voss twice but found it exceptionally forgiving. I would imagine the cherry would mask a lot of flavours too.

Only option is to taste it once it’s not the temperature of a cup of tea!

I doubt it will be a total loss.
It might need to be helped along, but 70c is a pasteurising temp so panic not, and some commercial beers survive that. Taste it at drinking temp and report back

I think because it is Voss you will be ok but only my opinion. It should not have fermented anymore if it was done so it was just the beer that was warmed up

Latest posts

Back