Help with first brew recipe (IPA)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh90

Reaction score
I've just finished my diy extract setup and am going to be attempting my first brew on Saturday. I'm doing my own recipe which started out with an Old Empire (I know half of you hate it!) theme until I forgot the fuggles!

I have put a screen shot of my recipe up and would love to hear some comments and suggestions, feel free to rip it to pieces! I'm mostly concerned with the ratio of the hops which I've not been able to find much info on and how much to add for dry hopping. I'm aiming for a 23l batch so beersmith tells me to start with about 27 (doing a full boil.)

Cheers,

Sean

Screenshot_2015-01-14-14-24-12.jpg

Looks good to me! I'd consider mashing 100g of pale malt to convert 100g of amber malt or steeping a bit of crystal for colour. Or medium DME. What about adding 20g of EKG to the dry hop? Might be hoppier than what you want.

Thanks! This is actually a duplicate thread, there is another one with a discussion running on it. I've just got my immersion chiller running now but did go with steeping some crystal ☺ Do you mean EKG as well as the cascade?

Back