Heratic evil twins clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cqr

Reaction score
Brewed and bottled, a little bitter for me but hope it is better after car ing up

image.jpg

Cloudy but very nice, but why cloady
No chill, two tea spoons of Irish mos
Finings in secondary
Is it a no chill thing

image.jpg

Maybe I'm wrong but I think finings like Irish moss has to be added to the boil around the 10 minute mark.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think finings like Irish moss has to be added to the boil around the 10 minute mark.

Drunk when I posted lol
2x tea spoons of Irish moss in the boil
Plus finings in secondary
I did a no chill, could this be why it's so cloady

Could be. Too much finings is also not good.
Just cold crash the bottles for like a week and see.

Sorry to sound like I'm brushing this off but there are a ton of things that can cause haze. Very few are bad things. Most really doesn't effect the taste. Most is caused by protein. Not a big problem. As you get better at your style, you'll find out how your system and style will clear beer.

As Japanbrew says lots of things caused haze but seeing as you no chill the most likely cause is chill haze. I'm a no chiller too and this happend to my beer as well. Apart from when I lager it. If it bothers you that much leave your bottles in the fridge for two weeks before drinking and that should drop everything including chill haze protiens out of your beer. Leaving it clear

As Japanbrew says lots of things caused haze but seeing as you no chill the most likely cause is chill haze. I'm a no chiller too and this happend to my beer as well. Apart from when I lager it. If it bothers you that much leave your bottles in the fridge for two weeks before drinking and that should drop everything including chill haze protiens out of your beer. Leaving it clear

Thanks I've had a bottle in the fridge now for ages
I'am going to do the same brew Saturday with tablets instead of Irish moss
See if there's a improvement

Thanks I've had a bottle in the fridge now for ages
I'am going to do the same brew Saturday with tablets instead of Irish moss
See if there's a improvement

That's strange. Normally a couple of weeks cold conditioning (minimum) drops everything out. Maybe it needs some extended cold conditioning

I'am brewing as I type
Mash has dropped to 55 in 30 minutes, hop it steadying out now
I dipped two ph stripes in see photo
Is it off the scale ???

image.jpg

I did
I raised the temperature and gave it 60 extra minutes
I was aiming for 1.065
But I got 1.055
I also forgot to put the crystal in :doh:

image.jpg

Gravity won't say much. You're going to get one hell of a dry beer. I wouldn't be surprised if that things goes under 1.008 or even lower. At that mash temp you're producing maltose exclusively. Keep us posted.
On the other end, you might have just got a pocket of insulation and everything is cool just the read out was wrong. Again, keep us posted.

Thanks Japanbrew
I mixed it up good before tempreture reading
So that bits good at least lol
Uping the insulation for the next brew
The Walt tasted great

Fitted blow of tube today, lids well pushed up
I think my fridge is going to be very messy in the morning

Back