HI all, newbie from Suffolk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson1984

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all, hope this lockdown 2.0 isn't too painful for you all.

I joined the bandwagon in lockdown 1, but i've done a few brews before that. I'm trying to get the cider working well but also brew wine and looking to do a stout next.

I've just started a kegerator build, well I say started - i'm almost done, just waiting on the gas. The stickered fridge in the photos is controlled via inkbird and is where I ferment. Then the tall fridge is purely for kegs.

I've got 3 gas supplies - 1 C02, 1 70/30 and 1 pure nitro. The aim is to use the Co2 for Cider, 70/30 for stout and the nitro is purely for the wine - i'm not quite trendy enough to do nitro coffee or anything like that.

I've been making the garage a bit of a man cave - trips to the "pub" are now trips to the garage :) there's still a fair amount of work to do but it's getting there. Sadly i'd plastered in the old cabinets - so need to redo the plastering and move the electrics but that's nothing too major. Be nice to get the ceiling sorted more than anything, and need to do some doors for cabinets. It's all little jobs now which are always the worst!

I'm really hoping to progress into all grain for stout - sorry not much of an ale drinker. The wine kits make that too easy to warrant swapping to raw ingredients there, same with the cider sadly although i'd love to give a "from scratch" version a go at some point.

Next on the shopping list is another Keg for the stout, gas should hopefully arrive this week but nothings ready for it as yet so no real rush there. I've ordered 2ltr bottles as they fit on the top shelf of the fridge - hopefully this'll do the job for a few kegs.

Be keen to pick some brains here - still very new to brewing and carbing (I have no idea what pressure i'm aiming for on "serving") But hey, all gotta learn right :)

FY8PQ8R.jpg

GOCfaGv.jpg

2nnj53D.jpg

BPgeHre.jpg

Whereabouts in Suffolk are you?

There is an active brewing community in Suffolk along with some thriving regional and local clubs that you might like to get involved in.

i'm near beccles, so sadly I seem to be in the wrong part of suffolk for most things.

mmmm....in that case then you'd probably be better off crossing yourself at the border and venturing into Norfolk....the Norwich Amateur Brewers are an active bunch and as is common in this region there is quite a lot of interbreeding between Norfolk and Suffolk (and Essex) due to most of us also being affiliated to the Anglian Craft Brewers.

yeah norwich is closest to me in terms of things to do.

certainly worth a look once this ruddy lock down malarkey ends.

have to have a look - i'm not on facebook so will go through first link - can't stand facebook

Latest posts

Back