Hi all

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gyro

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all, may I start by saying thanks for approving my membership. I'm returning to homebrewing after many years of inactivity. I started off with a John Smith's bitter kit way back when, and made a few brews, mainly from kits, progressing up to my legendary (amongst my friends anyway) Sui-cider. This was made from a Boots strong white cider kit, which I *ahem...* enhanced by using 4kg of sugar instead of the recommended 1.3 kg and using champagne yeast to tolerate the extra alcohol produced; so technically probably more an apple wine than a cider, but it is still remembered by many of its casualties 30+ years on.

I'm intending to stay mostly with kits for the time being, but who knows where my journey may take me. My current brew is a Beerworks Bohemian Blonde Pilsner and I'm at the stage where I've just added the hop sachet. In the pipeline are a Ciderworks cider kit, a MYO IPA, a Winexpert Merlot and a Winexpert Sauvignon Blanc.

I look forward to learning from the forum (I've already got a fair bit of useful info before registering), and hopefully, time permitting, will post once in a while 🙂.

Cheers all, Chris.

Welcome Chris - lots of people on here making kits who can learn from your experience: it’s good to set up a ‘brew-day’ thread so interested people can tune in, and also to keep a record for yourself of what you did and how well it worked out :-)

Thanks for the welcomes 🙂.
Welcome Chris - lots of people on here making kits who can learn from your experience: it’s good to set up a ‘brew-day’ thread so interested people can tune in, and also to keep a record for yourself of what you did and how well it worked out :-)
I will indeed start a brew day thread when I start my next brew, although I think people would be learning from my mistakes rather than experience 🤣.

Back