Hi from Faslane

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackjosh

Reaction score
Hi, I have been making wine for a few years now, mainly kits but have done a few fruit juice wines as well. I am a submariner in the Navy so can be away from my creations for 3 months at a time which can be a bit limiting with the choices of stuff to make, i am though aiming to start doing some more unusual stuff (Wine wise lol).
Cheers People

at least you get your brews to mature a reasonable length of time....

Welcome.

Welcome!

You're lucky in a way. No chance of you digging into the stash too early, everything will always be very nicely matured :D

My sister-in-law is just up the road in Garelochhead... I'll bet you know the Anchor then? Or the Imps?? :lol:

Welcome :)

Andy.H said:
My sister-in-law is just up the road in Garelochhead... I'll bet you know the Anchor then? Or the Imps?? :lol:

Welcome :)
Both of them lol.

Currently have on the go:
1 x Ken Ridge Chardonnay (Anyone made this?)
12L of WoW
38L of Grape and apple juice vino
1 X Cantina Rose to stop the wife and her mates supping the good stuff whilst I am away!!

welcome to the forum aye sir! I went to Faslane for the day about 10 years ago when I was at school and had a cracking time.I loved the film U571 at that time aswell so it was unreal being on board a sub. we were given a tour of the submarines, it was awesome seeing the torpedo tubes etc, one of the guys there was talking to is saying it was a great life and it made me consider goin into the navy,never took it up though. got a caravan up at Lochgoilhead so not too far away, they do sub excercises up there eh?

abeyptfc said:
welcome to the forum aye sir! I went to Faslane for the day about 10 years ago when I was at school and had a cracking time.I loved the film U571 at that time aswell so it was unreal being on board a sub. we were given a tour of the submarines, it was awesome seeing the torpedo tubes etc, one of the guys there was talking to is saying it was a great life and it made me consider goin into the navy,never took it up though. got a caravan up at Lochgoilhead so not too far away, they do sub excercises up there eh?
Hi
Yeah there is a noise range at Loch Goil so we go there quite a bit, only place I have ever phoned home from whilst under the water!!

jackjosh said:
abeyptfc said:
Hi
Yeah there is a noise range at Loch Goil so we go there quite a bit, only place I have ever phoned home from whilst under the water!!

nice one! whats a noise range?
whereabouts u from? I decided I couldn't miss the Thistle games for months at a time so couldny join the Navy!

We need to be quiet so we sit between hydraphones and run all our kit to make sure we are undetectable. Oh and I am from Barrow-in-Furness.

Latest posts

Back