Hi to all from Moray

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamski

Adamski
Reaction score
Hi to all on forum from Moray Scotland.

The missus bought me a Milestone kit including King Keg for Crimbo, and started the kit so there would be beer for Crimbo. I used to to a spot of home-brew in direct competition with my Dad and Granddad using a Roto-keg in the early 90's until joining the RAF and travelling the World. I think kits have moved on a bit since me buying tins from Woolworth's for less than a fiver!

I've just finished the Milestone Lions pride, which to be fair came out pretty spectacular. I had a fair few issues with King-Keg sealing at first, but being an aircraft engineer by trade I always like a bit of a challenge. Fitted a pressure gauge to cap.

I've got a Youngs Oak American Rum aged kit in the Fermenter at the moment (10 days in), a few initial issues with the FV temperature being at 14-15 Degrees Celsius for the first two days until I Heath Robinsoned the use of the FV sitting in a larger FV with water in it and a small aquarium heater. FV at a constant 22 Degrees now so hopefully I've not knackered the beer up, gave it a bit of an aereation with the paddle thingy, airlock bubbling away nicely.

Picked another couple of KK top taps on fleabay which are now sitting being pressure tested, post sanitising and seal and cap replacement. Balliihoo Caps.

Was considering getting a couple of Corny's but the sourcing gas bottle conundrum has put me off at this stage.

Anyway when the FV contraption is free I'll be doing a Coopers Stout, using the Ditch's method which seems well respected. When the FV is free from the Stout, I'll be doing the "Hammer of Thor"

I'm sure I'll have lots of questions, and possibly a few answers for Forum Members, so thank you all in advance.

Hi Andy

I'm another newbie from Moray (Hopeman), so I thought I'd put my introduction here rather than start a new thread. Very new to this, so far I've only tried a youngs lager kit, which unfortunately was so bad it had to go down the sink. I've got a couple batches of Coopers Mexican cerveza fermenting now, so hopefully they'll turn out better. Just using kits at the moment whilst I learn the basics, but do plan to start brewing properly eventually.

At the moment I prefer lagers, but am trying to broaden my alcoholic horizons by trying a lot more craft beers than I would have done in the past.

Would like to move onto corny kegs and force carbonation, but will hold off on that until I can make consistently decent beer with the kits.

Andy, I did look into where to get the CO2 bottle, S & D Harper in Elgin said they can supply them.

Ray McLean

hello people.

another morayite (is that what you call us?) here. however, I am from the bustling metropolis of elgin :D. really into my craft beers and have been for several years now. big fan of ipa's, blondes and pale ales. few of my favourites include:

siren's undercurrent oatmeal pale ale
sierra nevada torpedo
spey valley's sunshine on keith
speyside's findhorn killer
windswept blonde

i've been toying with the idea of homebrewing for awhile now so thought i'd sign up and gain as much knowledge possible before attempting anything. I work in the distilling industry anyway so alot of the techniques and terminology I understand but there are always things to learn!

cheers.

i've been toying with the idea of homebrewing for awhile now so thought i'd sign up and gain as much knowledge possible before attempting anything.

Welcome to the forum :cheerd:

Latest posts

Back