hi to fellow brewers(help)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leo greenhorn

Reaction score
:cheers: hi there folks im leo.just registered on forum.new to brewing but really enjoying it so far.im a little worried about a batch of of coopers mexican cervesa ive mixed up today as all the yeast has sunk leaving little on the surface.i have only brewed 4 tin mixes to date wherry, john bull bitter ,youngs cider and edme extra stout.cider came out a lovely vinegar but other than that alls good i am adding heat and using geordie spraymalt instead of sugar and using heater (20)im just worried that this brew could fail with yeast sinking with no head.im hoping one of you fellow brewers can set my mind at ease(hopefully) love the forum guys hope to be brewing constant from here on in and would appreciate any advice or help. :cheers:

It'll be fine... Coopers kits rarely fail...

If it's not going yet then give it another 24 hours before putting another sachet of yeast in. If it does need more yeast hydrate it first though in a small amount of cooled boiled water, it makes a big difference...

welcome to the forum Leo.
It sometimes takes a while for yeasties to get going. like Tank said, if theres nothing tomorrow repitch with rehydrated yeast. if your temp controlling with a heater the yeasties should be nice and comfortable.
Hope it works out for you :D
Steve

:thumb: hi guys, thanks very much for replys,and firstly you were bang right. the kit was foamed up good by morning.i think i was worried as the bitters and stout both filled all remaining space in bucket in 24 hours.cheers for your help.

Back