hmmm can i build a cave...?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artyb

Landlord.
Reaction score
that caught ya eye didnt it.... :rofl:

im thinking of a suitable place to store my stock of wine and beers... :wha:

i will be building a new garage/workshp/brewhouse very soon, :party:
and was toying with the idea of an underground,pit chamber in the floor to store said beverages in any thoughts, the ground is heavy clay ... :thumb:

at the moment i keep my brews in the loft its pretty cool and dark, i have a wine rack on a north facing wall, its covered,and the loft window is kept just open to kep it cool,
im thinking of creating somewhere new next summer,
as i have around 60 bottles of various brews,

Sure, throw around some reinforced concrete, and maybe some steel beams for the roof. :thumb:

Just make a small cellar

I have heard of the husband of a colleague built a chamber in their garage. Nothing special, just some bricks for and wood here and there. Im not sure it was cemented together, just something to keep the temp a little consistent.

I would love to do this, but would fit some form of heater and thermostat to keep it at 13°C.

Thinking about it, buy a cheap cupboard from Ikea, clad it with insulation, fit a heater and thermostat and keep it in the garage. You should have the perfect storage temp for all your beer and wine, especially shop bought. I also want to build one of these for fermentation...

Many years ago I built an inspection pit in my garage, 10' x 3' x 4' deep.
Car maintenance got too complicated, so I now use it to store my less used brewing eguipment.
Tried using it for storing bottles, but the lables went mouldy, + after heavy rain I have to pump it out! :eek:

Car maintenance got too complicated,
Amen! I wish I had an inspection pit for my work on my Peugeot 106! painting the underseal on is a pain in the ass!

Latest posts

Back