Home grown grape wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ciderdelic

Reaction score
Hi,
I have 2 grape vines in my garden and after about 5 years they are cropping well enough to make wine.
I have white Muscat and Triomphe d'Alsace which is a purple/black grape variety.
I need 7 kilos of grapes to make 1 gallon which I have but they are a mixture of the two grapes. Will it make a good wine mixing the two varieties or will it not work well.
I am really excited that I finally have enough grapes, I just hope I can mix them.

Thanks

Adam

Well Muscat is for white wines and Triomphe d'Alsace is red. It will ferment obviously, not sure I would do it myself though.

I have Triomphe d'Alsace and Cascade, they blend well.

Hi,
I have 2 grape vines in my garden and after about 5 years they are cropping well enough to make wine.
I have white Muscat and Triomphe d'Alsace which is a purple/black grape variety.
I need 7 kilos of grapes to make 1 gallon which I have but they are a mixture of the two grapes. Will it make a good wine mixing the two varieties or will it not work well.
I am really excited that I finally have enough grapes, I just hope I can mix them.

Thanks

Adam
I have put this video up a couple of times. What I really like about her is her determination to make the best wine ever. A bit like brewing a beer, the next one will be the best. It is an amazing insight to humans determination that we are never satisfied with our achievements and just keep progressing forward.

Latest posts

Back