Home grown grape wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ciderdelic

Reaction score
Hi,
I have 2 grape vines in my garden and after about 5 years they are cropping well enough to make wine.
I have white Muscat and Triomphe d'Alsace which is a purple/black grape variety.
I need 7 kilos of grapes to make 1 gallon which I have but they are a mixture of the two grapes. Will it make a good wine mixing the two varieties or will it not work well.
I am really excited that I finally have enough grapes, I just hope I can mix them.

Thanks

Adam

Well Muscat is for white wines and Triomphe d'Alsace is red. It will ferment obviously, not sure I would do it myself though.

I have Triomphe d'Alsace and Cascade, they blend well.

Hi,
I have 2 grape vines in my garden and after about 5 years they are cropping well enough to make wine.
I have white Muscat and Triomphe d'Alsace which is a purple/black grape variety.
I need 7 kilos of grapes to make 1 gallon which I have but they are a mixture of the two grapes. Will it make a good wine mixing the two varieties or will it not work well.
I am really excited that I finally have enough grapes, I just hope I can mix them.

Thanks

Adam
I have put this video up a couple of times. What I really like about her is her determination to make the best wine ever. A bit like brewing a beer, the next one will be the best. It is an amazing insight to humans determination that we are never satisfied with our achievements and just keep progressing forward.

Back