Home-grown hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pascal

Reaction score
My hops (Challenger and Fuggles) appear to be ready for harvest.

I haven't used all of last year's hops -- I don't brew enough to use them all.

I was wondering if anyone was local (Chelmsford, Esse.x) and might want some free 'n' fresh hops, perhaps in exchange for some brewing tips ;)

I'd be local if it weren't for that pesky Thames Estuary. Canterbury is 25 miles or so if you can fly. I'm sure someone will come along soon. If not try editing the subject to read "Free hops - Chelmsford, essex" and see who pops up. :cheers:

why not sell them ?

I am sure you would get plenty of sales on the forum
some members here would pay for early 2013 harvest

I literally just bought 200g of fuggles yesterday dammit...
For future reference how much would you sell for and would you be willing to post?

Hi,

The problem with trying to sell them is I don't have a vacuum packer. For my own use I've just dried them out then frozen them, but I doubt that's good enough for people buying. I figured if someone was coming to pick them up for free they'd have to be less fussy ;)

Was hoping to pick them today but it rained all night and is drizzling now. Monday's forecast is good -- hopefully they won't go past their best in another couple of days, and dry out nicely in time for an evening picking.

that's a good offer pascal, pm dennisking he is in your area and may be interesred

vacuum packing is for long term storage

these are fresh and can be packed and stored on arrival :thumb:

Hmm, you're saying people would buy them green? Undried, and un- er, vacuum packed?

So stick them, freshly picked, inside a press-seal bag and post them?

Latest posts

Back