Home made Cider Press

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D C

Reaction score
Hi all, I aint been on the forum for a while, but I thought I would post up a few pics of my homemade cider press I am currently working on. I have managed to get the base and the frame constructed so far along with the press racks (not shown) used chopping boards from Pound Land to fashion racks with grooves cut in with a circular saw. I can post some pics of the press racks if anyone is interested. The press currently stands me £10 the bottle jack was £6 and the press racks were £1 each. Hoping to test it out this weekend.

P1-1.jpg

P2-1.jpg

P3-2.jpg

P5.jpg

Cheers DC ;)

Good luck with your first pressing!

Could you post up a pic of your boards, please? Sounds like I might need a trip to Poundland.

Cheers

Hi all, Just posting an update to my cider press project, as promised I have posted my press racks made from plastic chopping boards from (Everythings a Pound). Also I have added pics of the frames I have made for forming different cheese sizes.

Press Racks
PR1.jpg

Close up of press rack showing grooves
PR2.jpg

2 different size frames for forming cheese's
CheeseFrames.jpg

Press racks inside frames
FramesRacks.jpg

Cheers DC

Thanks for this thread. I have a home made press almost exactly the same, car jack and all. Only thing that I was wondering about was how to make pressing boards and cheaply. Problem solved... cheers :cheers:

Latest posts

Back