HOMEBREWER WANTED FOR BBC ONE SHOW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleman

Regular.
Reaction score
mattbotten said:
Hi

My name's Matt and I'm a researcher on the BBC programme 'The One Show'. We're considering doing a short piece on home brewing, and would love to hear from a home brewer who could talk to us about their passion for it. We're ideally looking for someone who's young and female - but anyone who could demonstrate their love of home brewing would be great. Unfortunately, we're working to a very tight deadline, so you would need to be able to film on Tuesday next week. You don't need to come to us - we'll come to you! The idea would be for you to tell us how you got into home brewing, what you love about it, and show us how the process works.

If you're interested or have any questions, please email me at [email protected].

Many thanks

Matt
Note that Matt is really looking for a kit brewer, rather than a dedicated all grain brewer, although he did sort of say that he might get back to me regarding that side of it. :D

Moley said:
mattbotten said:
We're ideally looking for someone who's young and female
Join the queue pal ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:lol:

mattbotten said:

Surely a middle aged chap with a bushy beard, a baggy green jumper, sandals with socks, a rather a large belly, who is also rather keen on folk music and steam engines would be much more representative of the home brewer? :shock:

Slate Miner said:
mattbotten said:

Surely a middle aged chap with a bushy beard, a baggy green jumper, sandals with socks, a rather a large belly, who is also rather keen on folk music and steam engines would be much more representative of the home brewer? :shock:

Well that's me out then :roll:

Not my fault I look like a young Brad Pitt ;)

Slate Miner said:
Surely a middle aged chap with a bushy beard, a baggy green jumper, sandals with socks, a rather a large belly, who is also rather keen on folk music and steam engines would be much more representative of the home brewer?

I didn't think Moley had the beard :lol: :lol:

Darcey said:
If I had a shave and wore a dress? Maybe?
I even have the shoes :lol:

I have just had an email from Matt and they are specifically looking for a young(ish) female brewer so come on girls don't be shy

:cry:

Wendy Wendy Wendy :clap: :clap: :clap:

I knew we had a female brewer here somewhere.

:thumb: :thumb:

The editors have dropped the segment :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: However if anyone would like to put themselves forward as a home brewing (Beer and/or wine) ambassador please PM me, and I'll keep you on our contact list for things like this. The CBA gets 4-6 enquiries a year, and as usual they have rather short time scales. AFAIAC I have no particular demographic in mind, but it would be useful if there was a spread of ages and sexes.

wendy1971 said:
come to our house il make you look like a women im very good at doing makeup and i have some good wigs :thumb:

i work with a few blokes that pay a lot money for that service.

I love the idea that we are going to get some tv time, does anyone know why ?

home brew breaks through the drink tax rules,
home brew breaks new minium alc/cost rules
special on folk music and hairy men with sandles and socks

double edged sword do you know the direction they are going.

I take it they want a young ish female as part of the BBC eye candy rules, shame really as i always find that off putting, qualified or not i always seem to find them shallow because of there eye candy status.

but then again that also works with my choice of females, maturity is much, much more fun

now about the wigs, do you happen to have any size 12 wide fitting high heels??????????????????????????

The reason for wanting a woman is quite simple, the traditional view of home brewers is your dad/granddad/Uncle Kevin making up unspeakable concoctions in the airing cupboard that almost, but not quite, tastes completely unlike beer.

One of the things I really hate whenever I say I am a brewer at home is breaking down that stereotype, and if the BBC want a bit of eye candy to do that then why not . . . after all I would bet that a lot of our winemaker colleagues are female members of the opposite sex, and Sara Carter won a couple of classes at one of the Nationals (Derby IIRC) with a cracking Jaipur clone using a really radical technique.

The BBC are a royal Pain in the A*se when It comes to these types of requests, the NCB have had a few similar requests from them via email, that never come to anything, we tend to just ignore them now, as most are from wet behind researchers trying to get a foot up the ladder.

UP

I had them ringing me at work wanting a couple of picture frames for an interior design slot on This Morning. They wanted me to make some frames and come and collect from my premises. Great I thought unfortunately they didn't want to pay for them so I declined :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back