Hop allergy???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tobyjrn6

Reaction score
I have come to the shocking and sad realisation that every time i brew and have a good sniff of my hops i end up with crippling hay fever symptoms for a day or so. I dont get hay fever that badly usually so its a bit confusing and very upsetting that the thing i love so much could do this to me.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Last edited:
I know a guy that drinks cider that claims that hes allergic to hops as he can drink anything but beer. I have no idea what his symptoms are.

Use hop pellets as they have less pollen floating about maybe? Might be worth a shot if you aren't already, although some pellets are quite dusty so it may not help.

Hope you find a solution.

Theyre pellets but i think it was the end of a pack of mosaic that got me. V dusty indeed haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have come to the shocking and sad realisation that every time i brew and have a good sniff of my hops i end up with crippling hay fever symptoms for a day or so. I dont get hay fever that badly usually so its a bit confusing and very upsetting that the thing i love so much could do this to me.

You may be in luck! aunsure....

I've just started a brew using Rowan Berries instead of Hops ...

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/rowan-berries-for-bittering-how.78317/#post-772374

... and now is the season to start picking them before the birds get them! athumb..

Latest posts

Back