Hop plant supplier

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered myself a cascade and an EKG yesterday.

Hopefully planning to train these along a nice long section of sunny fence ... just need to put the fence up first!

I've got a 30ft+ x 6ft fence in my front garden which gets sun all day. I'm unsure if my neighbours would be too happy with me covering it with vines.... But how many plants would one need? :lol:

It has been a really mild winter so far -I noticed the Acanthus that grows on the north side of my neighbors garden hasn't even died back this year, really good news about those flooded hops. :thumb:

rosie said:
It has been a really mild winter so far -I noticed the Acanthus that grows on the north side of my neighbors garden hasn't even died back this year, really good news about those flooded hops. :thumb:
So FAR.... still got feb to get thru...

My hops arrived today, am keeping em in the garage till i get the chance to dig the bed and compost it up a bit before planting, fingers crossed for a bright spell tomorrow..

I have taken a shovel and healed mine in to the flower border in a sheltered place until the danger of frost has passed, Perhaps when the plants are established after a year or so we can do root cutting exchange, diversification is always a good plan. :cheers:

Herefordshire/Gloucestershire borders - a good place to grow hops ;)
The rooted rhizomes from the nursery came washed and bare rooted in bubble lined jiffy envelopes good way to send them, as they are only an ounce or two in weight.

New shoots!
img_0939.jpg

img_0938.jpg

Does seem very early, perhaps them being in pots means the soil has warmed earlier?
DA

Latest posts

Back