Hop Tea with pellets

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whats the protocol for adding the hop tea late then mate? would i add hop tea and dry hops to the FV after about 5 days?
Depending on whether you'd cold crash or not I'd do a dry hop 3 days before bottling if you weren't or 7 to 5 days before if you were. Dry hopping does its stuff pretty much within a day or two. But a hop tea we're talking the day before bottling or putting it into the botting bucket at the same time as the priming sugar / keg before you force carb.

If you're a clarity mentalist then a hop tea with the coffee pot can add a few hop particle but they'll settle in the bottle. If you're really obsessed do the tea, gelatine, crash, bottle. After the coffee press the particles won't cause the crazy gushers that full bits of hops cause when they're in the bottle. Most drunken bottling day things you'll get away with but when I let big clumps of hops into bottles every one was a fountain of delight.

i've purchased some nylon cloth bags for the dry hop stage! not too sure what cold crashing is as of yet, about to have a look through google and learn about it!

Back