How do you bottle from a corni.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snail59

Regular.
Reaction score
Im interested in bottling from my corni's so as to avoid sediment in my bottled beer's. Could someone give me a simple guide as to how they do this please.

I beleive there are 2 methods. If you have cash to splash, thena Blichmann Beer Gun is te thing. Do a google search for it. There are some videos showing it in cation on YouTube also.
I think Hop and Grape stock them.

It's also possible to just use a long lenght of low diameter beer line at low pressure to fill the bottles so as to avoid foamin and CO2 coming out of the solution.
I'm not sure what the long-term stability if the beer is like with each method is like - I suspect inferior to bottle conditioned. Probably most suited to bottling up a batch to take to a party where it will be consumed soon.

Thanks Andy. Will look into the Beer gun (sounds fun). The idea is to give bottled samples to friends who dont seem to be able to pour slowly and keep getting sedimented drinks :D .

Similar to the Utube vid but more simple. this http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=729 is what a "Bronco" picnic tap looks like.

1. Raise carbonation pressure to 100PSI over a few days
2. Drop temp to 1 - 2 degrees C for this time
3. Turn Co2 off at the cylinder
4. Purge Co2 pressure from the keg using the PRV (if you have multiple kegs connected remove the CO2 quick connect from the corny)
5. Using a Bronco (plastic picnic tap with short length of hose and quick connect) with a 300mm length of PVC tube (inside diameter to suit the spout on the picnic tap) fitted to the spout of the tap
6. Put bottles in the fridge to chill before filling.
7. put some bottles in a bucket ready for filling
8. Turn gas pressure right down
9. Place the PVC hose on the picnic tap in the bottle right to the bottom and open the picnic tap
10. Increase pressure very slowly, just enough to move the beer and fill bottles.
11. Lift the filling tube when the level is about 50mm from the top and let foam fill the top 50mm of the bottle before capping. This leaves the headspace with sufficient Co2 to protect the beer.

C02 stays in solution well enough at low temps to allow filling without loosing too much while bottling. Leave gas off the keg and leave the PRV open for 2 days to drop pressure again. Reconnect Co2 again then and reset Co2 Reg to serving pressure.

Been doing it this way for years, no expensive gear required

Cheers,

Screwy

Back