How do you get rid of it all?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Llanbrewer

Reaction score
Let's face - we all have an over production problem. I was producing over 30 lbs of tomatoes per week from my greenhouse when both sons were still at home. When I was shooting and making my own ammo, I was hard pressed to get enough range time to shoot it off. I fish, and tie my own flies, but it takes no time to tie a dozen that will last you a season with six to spare.

So, how is it with the beer? I've got production (albeit with the kits for the time being :eek: ) on the go, and am starting a smooth cycle of fermentation, warm carbonating and then cool conditioning. I can unload bottled stuff on the eldest lad who lives locally, but the other lives in Canada.

Making the stuff is rather addictive, but I can't see myself getting through all the interesting beers I want to make. I recall a chap on a shooting site who was on the unenviable "roadside dispatch" rota for deer hit by cars, saying that his wife was involved with the local church, and the scouts and the mangled deer were rendered into venison burgers for barbeques with considerable success, but I can't really see the local vicar dishing out a pint of ale to each communicant.

Any tips?

:thumb:
Let's face - we all have an over production problem. I was producing over 30 lbs of tomatoes per week from my greenhouse when both sons were still at home. When I was shooting and making my own ammo, I was hard pressed to get enough range time to shoot it off. I fish, and tie my own flies, but it takes no time to tie a dozen that will last you a season with six to spare.

So, how is it with the beer? I've got production (albeit with the kits for the time being :eek: ) on the go, and am starting a smooth cycle of fermentation, warm carbonating and then cool conditioning. I can unload bottled stuff on the eldest lad who lives locally, but the other lives in Canada.

Making the stuff is rather addictive, but I can't see myself getting through all the interesting beers I want to make. I recall a chap on a shooting site who was on the unenviable "roadside dispatch" rota for deer hit by cars, saying that his wife was involved with the local church, and the scouts and the mangled deer were rendered into venison burgers for barbeques with considerable success, but I can't really see the local vicar dishing out a pint of ale to each communicant.

Any tips?
drink more drink faster:whistle::thumb:

I'm thinking of cutting my ag brew length from 20 to at 15litres or less so I can have more variety.

Maybe try the simple ag method in the how to thread and you can have a dj or two on the go at once.

Any tips?

Wrong hobby?
Joking aside mate,me and most of us on here have the opposite problem, the church(which,incidentally i go to) the scouts or the vicar are getting absolutely zilch/nada of my homebrew and if you have too much, pm me,i will solve your problem with ease 😉

Definitely have to hid it from the wife, never even admit to having to much:lol:

I'd say you could only have too much if you just brewed the same stuff all the time. Get a few various brews made..I've got 6 different at the moment and taking into account the maturing time ,people coming round etc I've not gone mad this week due to a cold but there's over 20 missing... Yes it's great making it but drinking it is better!

Cheers

Clint

brew smaller batches as mentioned earlier on the thread
alternate between styles you like so you have variety. I do A/IPA,dark,Wheat and the 4th will normally be something random to try out. rinse & repeat :grin:

Invite friends round; I find that soon depletes supplies

+1

I have a monthly beer evening with about 6 mates. I fill them up with grog and guinea pig my new brews on them. They bring the food or pay my share of a curry if we go out afterwards.

Works a treat! I get to brew every 2 weeks and my liver remains just about intact!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

I have a monthly beer evening with about 6 mates. I fill them up with grog and guinea pig my new brews on them. They bring the food or pay my share of a curry if we go out afterwards.

Works a treat! I get to brew every 2 weeks and my liver remains just about intact!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first time I read it - I thought you filled them with "grog and guinea pig" :-o

Let's face - we all have an over production problem. ................

Any tips?

Er ... I don't. Sorry! :thumb:

During 2016 I brewed and drank 440 litres of beer ...

... which equates to 1.21 litres (2.1 pints) per day ...

... which in my family almost amounts to being Teetotal. :whistle:

My tip is to drink more! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

It is ... :thumb:

... and it's a terribly greasy meat! :whistle:

You're cooking it wrong; a good hot charcoal grilling will get the meat right. Greasy is indicative of either too slow a cook or reheated pig!

Latest posts

Back