How do you view the forum?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you use?

• PC/Laptop.

• Mobile phone.

• Tablet.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am old school and like my PC I couldn't moderate the forum on my phone/tablet as it would take me ages to do the basics, I have noticed an increasing number of "sent using Tapatalk" messages in posts so assume many members are using their phones so as the title says "how do you view the forum" (what device do you mainly use?)

On my phone. Don't use my laptop anymore.

I use Tapatalk mostly, but it has it's limits. I sometimes use the HomebrewForum website itself.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I mainly use my phone with Tapatalk as it's easier. I have a couple of forums I use Tapatalk for so keeps it all together.

I sometimes use my PC if at work or in the office at home but not often.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I use my iPhone to view the forum webpages.

I haven't got a clue what tapatalk is or does??
Tapatalk is available for IOS and basically collaborates thousands of forums from which you choose to access and brings all your views together using GUI which is quite convenient but does have certain drawbacks.

You can't like posts.

When replying with a quote it's fails to connect to server so on exiting your post you must save and exit the thread and re-enter to view reply.

Smilies are visible to Tapatalk users or people using mobile devices but can appear somewhat different and annoying to PC users.

Overall-Handy.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Nearly always a PC and that's on a 30" monitor although the web browser window is about half the width of the screen. I'm not a fan of using phones for viewing web pages. Like Chippy, I couldn't look after a forum by using a phone.

iPad only, I can't navigate at all well the mobile version on my phone and tapatalk just sucks. We bought a mac abou 5 years ago and I got an iPad not long after, the mac consequently is rarely switched on, complete waste of a lot of money:oops: hey ho.

iPad only, I can't navigate at all well the mobile version on my phone and tapatalk just sucks. We bought a mac abou 5 years ago and I got an iPad not long after, the mac consequently is rarely switched on, complete waste of a lot of money:oops: hey ho.

Have you tried the desktop version on your phone I use it all the time when away from the PC and it works a treat for general forum use.

Tapatalk on iPhone and iPad, since having iPads the past 5 years I never need to use laptop or pc, everything done on iPad and mobiles

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think an interesting add on to this poll would be the age of the person as well. I use pc ( I dont own a cell/mobile phone) and in my 50s

I'm 45 and well into technology stuff, spent thousands on mobile phones over the years, that's my down fall in life [emoji30]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I mostly use a desktop device but also use a phone. General internet usage shows mobile browsing has overtaken desktop browsing (happened some time ago actually) and interestingly Google will, at some point in the not too distant future, switch to a mobile index first.

Latest posts

Back