How Often Are You Brewing?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to brew an awful lot, about once a fortnight on average, but found this was too much. I would get tired during brewday and try and cut corners, meaning I didn't sanitise properly or check fittings or clean equipment etc. Now I brew at most once every 3-4 weeks and I do the brewday properly. I enjoy brewing a lot more and my beers are coming out a lot better. This limit was due to getting a fermentation fridge and only being able to ferment one beer at a time.

If I can get 6 brews in next year, I'll be reasonably happy. If I can do 12, I'd be ecstatic. Or divorced.

Was reminded by facebook ( by a photo of a Young's fermentation bucket in the utility room and a chuffed looking young man wielding a hydrometer ) that I took up the hobby precisely a year ago yesterday. Looking at the diary I have done 19 brews since then (without having the notes I would say around 6 kits; 5 extract; 7 AG and 1 TC). So I guess that's is one every 19 days or so. Definitely in the first few months could not bear the thought of having the FV sat there empty not earning its keep. Since then of course I have bought more than 1 FV....

I did brew number 75 on Saturday, after 3 years and 4 months, giving 22.5 brews per year. Many of those were wines and TC though. In 2018 I did 16 all grain beers, but only 5 in 2017, mostly because I bought a house, had a baby and got married, which didn't leave much time for doing AGs.

Approx one 22-23l brew every couple of weeks last year.
23 AG and a few of the B&M IPA kits doubled up with various extra hops, oh and one Youngs AIPA kit.
Probably be similar this year.

Had a St Peters stout on since 8th Dec (birthday) then a wine brew on since 26th Dec (Xmas) - no guesses as to what people bought me!

Wherry or Admirals end of this week.

Get stocked up - summer is coming!

May do a Cervesa too for summer BBQ’s - few batches as the first will undoubtedly be to check if it’s a good beer to serve to friends lol. Any excuse.

Rule 1 - you can never have too much alcohol stocked (responsible drinking only)

Rule 2 - you can never have too much alcohol stocked (responsible drinking only)

Rule 3 - repeat steps 1 & 2 - until the wife is sick of seeing homebrew in the house

Once every few weeks. Have 3 fermentors now so can afford to tie one up longer and start doing the odd lager.

Last year, it was about every three weeks. This year, I intend to reduce that to about once a month.

Back