How to mimic my fav tipple??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve k

Reaction score
Hello all.

I am very new to the hobby and I don't know if I am trying to run before I can walk.........but I'd like to make a country white wine similar to my current bought in favourite.

At the moment, this is Californian Chardonnay (don't laugh), buttery, tasting of melon with quite a heavy vanilla after taste.

Where would I start formulating such a brew?

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Steve

Chardonay is Chardonay any you won't get a precise match for it's charictaristics but you can produce a very drinkable white table wine simply enough.
Have yourself a look around the site for recipies for "juice wine" or "WOW" or have a look at my current favorite version at post #4 here.
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=13001

Buy a mid-range kit and see how it works out for you.

The kits are a bit of a rip off considering all you're getting is some grape juice for £1.80 a bottle, but if you really want a Chardonnay then it's really your only option.

You could try two litres of supermarket white grape, fermented in primary with a chopped up melon and some vanilla pods. Doubt it would be anything like a Chardonnay though.

I make a juice wine using 1L white grape juice, 1L of M&S Peach,Pineapple and Passionfruit, and 800g of sugar.Yeast,pectolase and nutrient, and water to 1 gallon.
Makes a very 'tropical' chardonnay type.

Latest posts

Back