Hi All

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aftermath

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

ive just got back into wine making after many years.

i am on my 6th 5 gallon kit.
mainly world finest kits, including. cab sav, red zinfadel/shiraz, australian shiraz
Californian Connoisseur - white zinfandel
Beaverdale Rioja , and Pinot/Chardonnay

my first kit i did was the Cabernet Sauvegnon which i ruined due to the measurements on my fermenter , they were in USA measurements so i was about 3 litres of liquid short of the 23 UK Litre mark after the first fermentation.
I then topped up with water to the neck of my glass 5 gallon DJ, this is all bottled now and it dont taste that good.

I since done the Pinot/Chardonnay and white Zinfandel which are very good and strong ( a bottle and a half and i am Goosed ) lol.

at the mo i have 3 x 5 gallon kits on the go, and 3 gallon demijohns of WOW ( 2 orange, 1 apple with strawberry's ) , this is my first time doing this way and i am only on my 4th day of first fermentation, so any help will be totally appreciated.

I have 1 big question for you all...

What wine tastes better , the kits you buy, or the home made ones from juices, or the home made ones from fruits squashed down ?

also whay are you favourite yeasts to use with the home made 1 gallon ones ?

another question is, is it right to add 800g sugar to a gallon, it seems a lot of sugar for someone like me who is diabetic. ?

Latest posts

Back