How to Morrisons Savers Kettle Boiler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alternativley consider fitting a bigger brass 22mm pipe sized tank connector and reduce the pipe size down to fit a 15mm inline valve

My hole is 30 x 20 mm. Would a 22 mm tank connector cover this as
I would have to make the hole 30 mm round.

Yes.. i used a £shop alluminium tax disk holder in my placky hlt when the replacements for the dead element were smaller..

10271233254_450b366228_z.jpg

drilled thru the screw holes completely and used SS nuts and bolts n washers that fitted all the way through
and used some silicone baking sheet to creat a sealing washer.

The tube on the left is a thermometer probe?
The protrusion at the bottom is your tap?
Does it have a hop filter on it normally?

tbh im not sure of the dimensions of a 22mm tank connnector but the 15mm variant has at least a 5mm flange ;)
might be worth checking out tho..

the 66l bucket was a hlt not a boil kettle so no hop filter.. and yes the copper tube protruding is a thermowell ;)

Been meaning to post this for a while, I'm glad you guys have found my tutorial useful, but I'm hoping someone can help me now!

The silicon i used to glue the covers over the electrical connections has come away, what adhesive would be best to stand up the heat and slight flexing that happens during the boil?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

hdpe isnt an easy surface to glue to,

imho sourcing slightly longer screws to accommodate the box wall thickness and to atatch the element back to the element and sandwiching the box between the bucket and element back is the simplest solution.

as u have alterady cut a larger hole in your boxes try epoxying a thin sheet of something over like a cut square of ally from a pop/beer tin and recut a smaller hole which you can sandwich between the bucket wall and element back ;)

Latest posts

Back