I am learning.....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suzie

Reaction score
To be patient. I have only been making wine for 6 months and have made a few mistakes. Most of them are probably through ignorance and following recipes to the T. I am learning that time is what homemade wine needs. However long a recipe or kit says to leave each stage its probably a lot longer that it needs.
So from now on I am going to be patient and produce smoother and less sharp wines.

Best brew more than you can drink. That way you will be drinking young wines to begin with but you will also have maturing wines. Eventually after 12 months or so all the wines you are drinking will be mature. I used to do this with elderberry wine, I would brew twice as much as I would drink in a year. By the time I gave up elderberry brewing I was drinking six year old bottles of wine :thumb: :thumb: . Sadly I had to give it up due to lack of space, time and kids (the latter devour time and space as well as money). But I am back brewing now so perhaps...... :hmm: :hmm: :hmm: .

So you don't necessarily need alot of patience just brew more than you can drink.

Cheers

AG

I have quite a stock in my front room now, waiting to mature. :party: I have a few DJ's on the go too and I am leaving them to do their stuff, not rushing to bottle up.

So hopefully I will keep the brewing going and drinking at the same time!

Latest posts

Back