I assume you've seen this?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a new one on me.

They will make some money from nouveau-riche, citywankers who will amongst themselves declare it the best thing since the last citywanker toy which is currently gathering dust somewhere in their minimalist apartment...

<bannatyne>I dinnae like you, I dinnae like yur machine, I dinnae like the idea o' wine that isnae wine and yur numbers dinnae stack up so fur that reason ahhm oot!</bannatyne>

The bit I love.

Can I store the wine?
A. Because the wine will be produced and bottled under air, not an inert gas, the wine will only keep for 1-2 weeks. However, the wine will be made to taste pre-aged so there's no need to age it any further.

Also they say for $10 p/m they will send you the stuff to make 1 bottle of wine per week. If the wine only keeps for 2 weeks at best, what is the point? I'd prefer to stock up and let it age naturally.

The only cool bit is using the app to monitor it but then I can use my Raspberry Pi to do something similar (of course not everyone is a geek).

I think gadgets like this take the fun out of homebrew.

:hmm: Sceptical that a fine wine can be produced in 4 days. But the key to this I think is the oxygenating during the whole of the fermentation period. But at $500 I think I'll stick with good old father time to help me along.

the second link in the OP now shows that this is indeed a hoax, and the real idea is to turn wine into water.

They're looking for funding to make filters and wells, and other stuff to make 99.9% drinkable water for poor people in countries where clean water is not accessible.

Latest posts

Back