I need ideas for cider for the mrs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a recipe for a fruits and berries Turbo Cider (TC) that I used to brew for my missus and she likes Rekorderlig and Kopparberg fruit cider.
All you need is a DJ, airlock, siphon tube, 5L bucket 8 or 9 500ml bottles and the ingredients. Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM you the recipe.
Sorry for posting in an old thread. Any chance you could also PM me the recipe? I'm looking to make cider that tastes like mixed berry kopparberg.

LoveBrewing do a nice apple cider kit if it’s available. My wife likes fruity ciders so I make the apple cider and add cordials - cherry works quite well.

View attachment 26259

That’s a great idea. I wish I had known about this sooner. I made a youngs strawberry and lime Cider for Mrs K in May 2020 and there’s still nearly a full keg of it. Had it been Apple Cider I could have drunk it myself!

Sorry for posting in an old thread. Any chance you could also PM me the recipe? I'm looking to make cider that tastes like mixed berry kopparberg.
Unable to send a PM to you(maybe because of how many posts you've posted? I'll paste it here for you)

Summer Fruit Cider ABV 6.2%

This is to make 5Litres, adjust as necessary

Ingredients
4 Litres of summer fruit juice(100%)from fridge
1 sachet of cider yeast
300ml of apple and blackcurrant squash (concentrated and sugar free)
8tsps of sugar (heaped)
2 tsps of wine sweetener (optional)

Method
sanitise
Empty the fruit juice into DJ/FV of choice
Sprinkle the yeast in then leave 10 mins
Give the DJ/FV a shake to mix the yeast or stir
Add airlock and put in a warm place ideally 18 - 20°C
Leave for 10 days after it starts to ferment to ensure completion

Bottling
Empty into 5L bucket or secondary
Add the squash and wine sweetener (optional) depends how sweet you want it
Give it a stir and then add the sugar and stir thoroughly (I heat up the sugar with a tad of boiled water first)
Sanitise the bottles and fill them
Leave in the warm for 2 weeks to carb(20°C) then into the cold to condition

Obviously if you want it flat then leave out the sugar at the bottling stage

Unable to send a PM to you(maybe because of how many posts you've posted? I'll paste it here for you)

Summer Fruit Cider ABV 6.2%

This is to make 5Litres, adjust as necessary

Ingredients
4 Litres of summer fruit juice(100%)from fridge
1 sachet of cider yeast
300ml of apple and blackcurrant squash (concentrated and sugar free)
8tsps of sugar (heaped)
2 tsps of wine sweetener (optional)

Method
sanitise
Empty the fruit juice into DJ/FV of choice
Sprinkle the yeast in then leave 10 mins
Give the DJ/FV a shake to mix the yeast or stir
Add airlock and put in a warm place ideally 18 - 20°C
Leave for 10 days after it starts to ferment to ensure completion

Bottling
Empty into 5L bucket or secondary
Add the squash and wine sweetener (optional) depends how sweet you want it
Give it a stir and then add the sugar and stir thoroughly (I heat up the sugar with a tad of boiled water first)
Sanitise the bottles and fill them
Leave in the warm for 2 weeks to carb(20°C) then into the cold to condition

Obviously if you want it flat then leave out the sugar at the bottling stage

Thanks Banbeer, really appreciate it!

Just a quick question about the squash. All the squashes I found (Tesco, Robinsons, Miwadi) have preservatives in them, will this affect carbonation?
I always used Robinsons mixed fruit and never had a problem at all, some would say the opposite but like I say not a problem for me.

I seem to remember when making Ribena wine years ago from CJJ Berry's recipe one of the instructions was to heat or boil it before use. *Possibly* to drive off preservatives.

Edit: I've just looked at the book and he says to disolve the sugar in water, add the Ribena, bring to the boil and then simmer for ten minutes to drive off the preservatives.

I don't know if that's any help. Different preservatives may be used now and the edition of 'First Steps in Winemaking' I have is from 2007, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's not been updated since first publication in 1960.

Last edited:
Yes I've read somewhere too that 15-20 minute boil should kill the preservatives. Thanks guys for your help. I'll try to boil it for 20 mins to be on the safe side.

Back