I Took On British Telecom And Won

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo

Regular.
Reaction score
I've just been reconnected to the internet with Sky after months and months of misery from BT. I've had internet problems from July last year after I up graded to fibre optic. Enough was enough and I reported my problems with BT to the Ombudsman which took up my case and the Ombudsman have guaranteed that I can have my contract terminated without any early penalty clause, a letter of an apology for the dreadful service we have received and also £160 compensation.

I was paying BT £30 a month for Infinity, I'm now paying Sky Broadband NOTHING for a whole year then £7.50 a month after the year's up, and so far my connection has been pretty solid with no drop outs.

Good result I think :D

I took on another big ISP and won (out of court settlement) for, what was basically was theft. It can be done.

Sorry, I failed to mention that it cost me £1,200 in solicitors fees, that they also had to pay.

It's absolutely unbelievable , today I received a letter from BT demanding £189.41 for early termination of my Infinity broadband connection which was offline more times than it was on.

I have already received a letter from BT confirming that my contract is now terminated with no monetary penalties.

I've referred this correspondence back to the Ombudsman because to be honest I'd rather have my penis nailed to a fast moving truck or blow my nose on Giant Haystack's soiled underpants than have a 2 minute conversation with a BT advisor whom probably have a home in idiot-ville...India.

I also had unbelievable trouble with BT terminating my BB and phone contract, gave appropriate notice, received MAC code last July, set up with new provider, BT kept billing me month after month, taking direct debits without entitlement, threatening penalties for none or late payment, repeatedly ignored my near daily calls to sort it out, it's was beyond the call centre staff to simply close down my account and refund overpayment. After 6 months I'd had enough and threatened them with legal action.....same day received refund and e-bill account balance 00.00....yes.

Every time I open my emails I still expect another e-bill and the saga to start again. Received a load of hassle when I started off with BT, cut me off for a week and true to form at the end....worst customer service I've ever received. :evil:

We had similar problems years ago with them and I refuse to use them for anything now. I thought they had improved and I was just being stubborn, but clearly not!!!

British Telecom is the worst company i've ever had dealings with. I wouldn't use their services again if they were the very last communication company on the planet.

As for their technical advisors.....If i had a sheepskin coat only half as thick as some of those people I'd be the envy of the North American Eskimo's during Winter time.

Latest posts

Back