I'm going pro! Seren Brewing Company

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alikocho

Reaction score
Word may have leaked out, but I'm on the verge of opening a commercial nanobrewery. Details of what I'm doing (and the opportunity to back the startup) are here - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/696 ... ng-company

I'm also more than happy to discuss with people what has to be done to reach this stage, keeping it small but manageable.

Oh, and this means I won't have much to enter into the National this year

Good Luck :thumb:

This forum is fast becoming a forum for micro brewers :lol: :lol:

Well done!!!

It's so heartening to see people follow a dream (or some crazy-arsed idea...) and get a business, no matter how "micro" or "nano" off the ground.

Acorns and Oak Trees and all that. :thumb:

Well done :thumb: , and good to see a few people having a go... I still dream ..

oz11 said:
Good luck!!..are you going to be using any British hops?

Yep. One of the core beers uses 100% British hops, as do two of the seasonals.

oz11 said:
Thank you. Coming from the garden of England I needed to know that you're supporting British hops before going any further ;)

I wish you well

In the current climate, and as a British brewer I think it's a very fair question to ask. And there are some fantastic British hops!

alikocho said:
oz11 said:
Thank you. Coming from the garden of England I needed to know that you're supporting British hops before going any further ;)

I wish you well

In the current climate, and as a British brewer I think it's a very fair question to ask. And there are some fantastic British hops!

Agreed! It's just a shame that british brewing settled for the mundane while those yankee-boys went all creative. We have catching up to do and nano's and micro's like you will be the driver for that.

Go on! Upset the big boys! Rattle your mash paddle, and clang your kegs!!!

And there are new ones coming!!! Well, when I say "new"... they seem to be those deemed too fruity, aromatic, interesting etc in the past!!!

There is a huge amount to be said for our heritage varieties and our heritage beer but if we don't innovate, the industry is as good as dead. We need to use that tradition to drive the hop breeders, to drive the maltsters...

Hell, even the Aussies are breeding new and interesting hops!

Good on you! The sky is the limit with determination and knowledge and luck in equal measure. The latter comes easily when the former two are sure and sound.

Wow! When I dropped a tenner in earlier, you were about £10 short of the £2500.
Now you're over £3000!

Well done. Get brewing lad!

Best of luck to you...+1 for the british hops...I did a brew earlier this year as a single hop goldings jobby.....was like a hop adventure...

compared to the big fat American and New Zealand hops the goldings looked like pencil sharpenings. I though that there was no way I was to get anything worthwhile out of them, anyway full trust in my beer recipe software and shoveled the hops in by the bucketload, First wort, mid boil, aroma etc.

The beer that it produced....wallop....zingy apple and gooseberry tones...I used a dollop of crystal to give a full malty backbone to it and it was beautiful...from a handpull in the pub fantastico

Latest posts

Back