Inconsiderate parking.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look at the distance from the front wheel to the white line and then look at the distance of the rear wheel from the line, i would say that car is parked at an angle
Isn't it partly the parallax effect ie the white line converge into the distance so the gap between the tyre and white line will look to be smaller. Obviously the wheel in full lock also add to how it looks.

I have no idea it just looks on an angle, i normally find people who swing into bays nearly always finish up on an angle, is that parallax stuff good for clearing ale :laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8::laugh8:

i normally find people who swing into bays nearly always finish up on an angle

1699976753285.png
1699976779429.png

Payback -

1699976842193.png

Inconsiderate parking makes my blood boil and it seems to be on the increase.

I was sat in the car in ASDA car park yesterday waiting for SWMBO to return when a young lady decided to abandon her car in two spaces instead of one, she made no attempt at reversing back out to get the car into one bay, she got out looked at the huge gap and walked off as if it was OK to park like that aheadbutt

View attachment 91809
Isn't this the reason cars are fitted with horns? Why didn't you give her a toot and some friendly advice?

Isn't this the reason cars are fitted with horns? Why didn't you give her a toot and some friendly advice?
No,
The Highway Code Rule 112 says "The Horn.
Use only while your vehicle is moving and you need to warn other road users of your presence. Never sound your horn aggressively. You MUST NOT use your horn

• while stationary on the road
  • when driving in a built-up area between the hours of 11.30 pm and 7.00 am
except when another road user poses a danger'

No.

Cars have horns to warn others of the vehicle's presence or approach.

Would you honestly do that to a young person today I imagine the second word to leave their mouth would be OFF

Round here we have gone from amber gambler to red gambler, at any busy junction you struggle to get out because the last car through the lights is followed immediately by the first from the other side.

If you look at the distance from the front wheel to the white line and then look at the distance of the rear wheel from the line, i would say that car is parked at an angle
Technically everyone parks at an angle just some angles are greater than others, maybe it needs a vote to settle it whether it's bad or not....

Latest posts

Back