Is it healthier?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By the way I wasn't trying to say that beer is healthy. I know about ethanol/alcohol being poison to the body, so I was more wondering about the other stuff that some breweries put into their beer. I have heard of Stella being more chemical than anything else and I really don;t like it anyway, so since you can brew beer with nothing but (good) water, malt and yeast, what could be better than that?

By the way, I must be the exception to the rule, I don't drink any more than I used to. It is just more versatile now and cheaper I guess :D And more exciting.

Sorry didn't mean to patronise with my earlier response.

I guess what I'm getting at is that if you're drinking enough to be concerned about the amount of chemical additives you're consuming, then those additives are probably the least of your worries.

So in very literal terms, yes, homebrew is probably healthier.

But the comparison is like jumping off the 9th floor rather than the 10th.

Quite interestingly they've just found that some of the biggest German beers contain quite a bit glyphosphate. Makes me wonder, are there any organic malts and hops out there?

My Dad just said in case of the barley, though, they treat the soil with the pesticides before planting the crops, so organic or not, it'll still be in the finished grain.

For growing grains, they wouldn't even need any pesticides, though!

Latest posts

Back