Is this meant to taste so good??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alawlor66430

Landlord.
Reaction score
I had my coopers stout in th fv since Sunday the 8th of July it stopped fermenting on the Thursday and I bottled it on Sunday the 15th, I've just chilled and opened a bottle and it tastes amazing already the recipe had a few wee tweeks along the way but I didn't expect it to taste so good this soon, seems like there's no need to wait the couple if months I was expecting to :drink:

alawlor66430 said:
I had my coopers stout in th fv since Sunday the 8th of July it stopped fermenting on the Thursday and I bottled it on Sunday the 15th, I've just chilled and opened a bottle and it tastes amazing already the recipe had a few wee tweeks along the way but I didn't expect it to taste so good this soon, seems like there's no need to wait the couple if months I was expecting to :drink:

Good to hear it worked out. Mine is a week or so older than yours, I tried one the other day and it tastes fantastic but has no head whatsoever when poured. I'm hoping it will come with time though. How's yours?

:cheers:

lagerlout said:
alawlor66430 said:

Good to hear it worked out. Mine is a week or so older than yours, I tried one the other day and it tastes fantastic but has no head whatsoever when poured. I'm hoping it will come with time though. How's yours?

Get it back into a warm place to carbonate LL ;)

You did put sugar in each bottle presumably :wha: :thumb:

oldstout said:
Get it back into a warm place to carbonate LL ;)

You did put sugar in each bottle presumably :wha: :thumb:

It was batch primed with treacle on recommendation from a few peeps on here, and left for 2 weeks in the warm. The beer itself doesnt seem totally flat, just no head :hmm: There was definately a "pfffft" when the bottle was opened. Maybe i'll try another in case it was just a dodgy bottle/cap, and if need be give them a wee shake and put them back inside for a bit.

My one has no head yet but it will come, I found that with my last brew 2 to 3 weeks did the trick for a good head, I used 500g dark spray malt 500g dermarera and 350g cane, and I can really taste the dermarera in it, it's got a bannanna smell to it with a slight treacle taste and a hint of coffee in the aftertaste, a really nice drink and full of strong flavours I'm going to try a bit coco powder in the next batch, I'll prob get a new brew on in a couple of weeks

I've read good reviews about the Cooper's Stout and the Edme Irish Stout. Which is better? There's only one way to find out - FIGHT! :drink:

Put half a dozen bottles away and forget about them, keep them for christmas or some special event a few months down the line :thumb:

I made a Burton bridge porter in May, bottled end of May. Had one last week, no head. Good fizz, but no head... I used take as part of sugar. Could this be reason for no head in mine and poster above?

Back