is this normal?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dec

Reaction score
hi, ive just recently stopped brewing kits and most of my brews taste quite bitter after fermentation. does that go after they age a few monts?

Try skimming to foam off the top of the brew after 2 or 3 days. The foam brings up allot of the acids from the hops, giving more bitter flavours than is tasty. Give it a go and see what happens. However if you are brewing from bottom fermenting yeast there is no need to do this.

oh sorry, i was a bit vague :roll: im making wine, and it tastes a bit harsh and bitter?

no but i added sultanas this time which has tannin so it could be that:)

Sounds like you've moved into the realms of country wine making, these often need a few months (or more) to mature before they become drinkable

yes! I made some coffee and raisin wine, not drinkable in the early phase. After 6 months allot better, kind of like a sherry, but needs more time. It will need at least a year in the bottle to become a nice drink. One thing I have learnt about brewing is the secret ingredient, time.

Kyral210 said:
One thing I have learnt about brewing is the secret ingredient, time.
There are some, not necessarily Forum members, who never do learn that little secret!

Latest posts

Back