John O Groats to the Mull of Galloway

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigYin

Regular.
Reaction score
Shameless request for donations, sorry!

On Sat 26th April I'm undertaking an epic motorbike run, diagonally across Scotland, from John O Groats to the Mull of Galloway, a 455 mile trip.

I will be riding with 12 other riders, all IAM members, observers or examiners - so not only do I have to keep myself alive, I need to ride to the high standards they expect!

Any level of donation is appreciated. My target is a mere £100, and of course the costs of the trip are entirely mine to cover!

Just Giving

Many thanks!!

Well it might have helped if you had told us what this was in aid of (Marie Curie cancer care) and if you mentioned what has inspired you to make this run.

Good point Sir :thumb:

Firstly, thankyou so much for your generous donation :cheers:

As you spotted, it's Marie Curie Cancer Care I'm raising money for - Cancer has hit many people in my life, friends and family, and the devastating effects have always been painful to witness, and Marie Curie do fantastic work, so a very worthy cause in my book.

I won't take credit for the inspiration to do this run - that came from a friend who has taken on the job of organising the trip, but when he asked me and explained what it was for I couldn't really say no.

It's going to be mentally and physically punishing, but worth it :D

I have a long-lost uncle who I met for the first time last summer. He was sent for adoption by my gran during the war and had only just managed to trace his family. About 2 weeks after we met he was diagnosed with terminal cancer. From my perspective, life has dumped on him from day one, yet he is still way more cheerful and full of life than I will probably ever manage to be.

Makes me realise what a self-pitying grumpy old man I can be.

Great charity. :thumb:

BigYin said:
that's a very touching story Maysie :drink: Many thanks for your donation :mrgreen:
The story sounds a bit like a soap opera that I am on the sidelines of, but I guess that is just life!
More than happy to spare a few pounds. :thumb:

Back