Just setting out

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Labowner

Reaction score
A friend in work let me taste a few of his brews and its put me in the notion of having a go myself. Abused the forum discount with geterbrewed :whistle: to get myself some gear (good outfit, reasonably near to where I live and I've found them quick to resolve any issues) and I couldn't resist a grainfather :roll: while I was at it but I'll be doing a couple of muntons kits before I start to use it.

Just getting started, have a fridge almost converted to ferment in and will be doing a lot of lurking and researching through the threads whilst I get things ready for the first brewday. Hopefully that'll save me from asking to many stupid questions straight away lol

Welcome to another NI brewer! As I've said before, the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked....

Welcome to the forum

When you first registered myself and the other mods were wondering,going by your user name, whether your a dog owner or are the owner of a scientific research faciility? :lol:

Welcome to the forum

When you first registered myself and the other mods were wondering,going by your user name, whether your a dog owner or are the owner of a scientific research faciility? :lol:

You got me, I'm owned by a Chocolate Labrador although I like to pretend that its the other way around ;)

Welcome to another NI brewer! As I've said before, the only stupid questions are the ones that don't get asked....

Cheers Mate, I'll take that on board :)
and with that can I ask when I see mention of oxy cleaners from poundstretcher and the like do you lot mean the laundry stuff? I did a quick search but couldn't convince myself that it was?:wha:

Yep, that's the stuff. Just don't get the scented ones - your brew shed will end up smelling like a tart's boudoir (more importantly, so might your beer!)

Good to see there are a few fellow NI Brewers :)

altough being in the Ballymena area I'd say there's probably quite a few round here to tight to buy beer, so they'll be quietly brewing their own (mostly from potato mash) ;)

Welcome aboard. :party:

You bought a grainfather and are working on a brew fridge? Oh my, I thought I was committed when I bought a demijohn from Wilko and some jars of honey to make mead.

Hope you have a great time brewing.

Thanks for the welcome :)
Yeah I may have gone overboard with the Grainfather but I was concerned the price may rise by the time I'd be ready for it, lol
Friend in work told me the converted fridge was a big help with the fluctuation in temp here.

Latest posts

Back