Keeping Bottles Cool In Summer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeyMc

Reaction score
Hi,
With the warm weather (hopefully!) approaching what is the best way to keep my bottled beer cool during the conditioning process please?
Can I put it in a fridge a few weeks after bootling it and it being carbonated?
I have no shed or naturally cool storage area and am concerned that I'll be stored at approximately 20c and won't fully clear.
Thanks

As Leon says. I often drink my beer straight out of the airing cupboard and its fine(chilled in freezer for an hour). Its normally clear as well. By the time i manage to carry it out to the garage i have normally caned half of it.

I have the best of both worlds, under house storage and live in south west Scotland,,,,what's hot weather?:lol:

While a cool spot with a stable temperature is best, as long as you keep away from direct sunlight once bottled and having exhausted the priming charge it will be pretty bullet proof, and unless stashing for longer than 6 months i doubt you would notice any difference?

While a cool spot with a stable temperature is best, as long as you keep away from direct sunlight once bottled and having exhausted the priming charge it will be pretty bullet proof, and unless stashing for longer than 6 months i doubt you would notice any difference?
I agree, I've conditioned beer in the winter and in the summer and I've never noticed any difference in conditioning time.

That's great, thank you for all of your help and advise. I've got some Beerworks President Sierra America and Evil Dog IPA conditioning now and didn't want to ruin them due to storing them in too warm a location.

Mine both pressure barrel and bottle are conditioned and stored in same room as I ferment them and have never had a problem main thing I keep them out of sunlight as had a bit of a scare many years ago in the other house we had with some wine. Was waken up one Sunday morning by some noise down stairs and flew down thinking some one had broken in. Front door intact front room windows ok into Kitchen windows ok backdoor check bang from behind. Needed change of undies looked round and some wine we had that had been bottled had been set of fermenting again with the sunlight streaming through all the windows in the kitchen and the corks were popping out it got real hot in that kitchen as when sun came up the amount of glass just magnified it.

Latest posts

Back