kegerator shank leak

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mguthriem

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just assembled my first kegerator and while testing (with water :) ) found I have a leak between the shank and the nipple.

I noticed that the nipple doesn't fit tightly into the nut that screws it to the shank: the OD of the nipple flange is a good 1/16" smaller than the ID of the nut. Could this be the problem, due to misalignment?

My other thought is that it's just not tight enough. I got it as tight as I could (reasonably tight) but, as there's no flat surface, I'm holding the shank in place with the faucet and, at some point, the faucet starts to slip relative to the shank. I have seen such a thing as a faucet wrench: http://www.brewuk.co.uk/faucet-wrench.html

Might this allow me to tighten the faucet further and subsequently the nut, allowing the nipple to bite down further the washer?

Or maybe there are other suggestions??

Cheers!

Just to follow up on this. I discovered it was actually a tiny hole where the nipple was welded to it's flange! Talk about bad luck! Kudos to BrewUK who immediately offered to replace.

Latest posts

Back