Kegerator with pressure barrel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glen

Reaction score
I had a good trawl back through the forum but couldn't find anything so here goes.
Has anyone treid to make a kegerator using a pressure barrel? , i recently obtained a brewmaster pressure barrel (woot freecycle) that has a s30 input on it, i also got a fridge freezer from freecycle which has been put to use for the household so i have a "spare" fridge :cool: . Could i use my pressure barrel in the fridge with some hosing connecting it to a tap on the front ? i know that the pressure would drop over time as the barrel was emptied but i could inject some more co2 when this happens. I would have to leave the tap on the keg open while in use but a tap on the front would obviously do the job and just close the barrel tap when not in use.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks Glen

Glen said:
I had a good trawl back through the forum but couldn't find anything so here goes.
Has anyone treid to make a kegerator using a pressure barrel? , i recently obtained a brewmaster pressure barrel (woot freecycle) that has a s30 input on it, i also got a fridge freezer from freecycle which has been put to use for the household so i have a "spare" fridge :cool: . Could i use my pressure barrel in the fridge with some hosing connecting it to a tap on the front ? i know that the pressure would drop over time as the barrel was emptied but i could inject some more co2 when this happens. I would have to leave the tap on the keg open while in use but a tap on the front would obviously do the job and just close the barrel tap when not in use.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks Glen

You certainly can and I've done it with a king keg. Yes, connect a tube from the tap on king keg to the tap on the kegerator.I used a short piece of 1/2" line with a 1/2" to 3/8" john guest converter (from barley bottom. then the other end goes to the tap. I had to source a bit of 5/16"OD line to go into the Dalex tap and a 5/16"female to 3/8"female connector. For the gas, I used a 3/8" line from a regulator and have a 1/4"BSP to 3/8" female john guest fitting attached through the lid of the king keg (hole drilled and a 1/4" bsp stainless nut offof ebay holding it in). 3/8" john guest tap for isolating the gas fitted. Credit to evanvine for the method.
see pictures here

Latest posts

Back