Kegging set up equipment

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got my fermzilla all rounder recently (with the pressure kit) and I'm just about to order the rest of my kegging setup.
Below is what I have in the shopping basket. I think I've got all I need but I'd appreciate any pointers on things I should be getting as well. I've already got a gas tank.

2 x 19l keg kit. Lines, disconnects and taps
Mk4 regulator
3-way manifold with check valves
Party tap kit
Beer jumper line kit
Carbonation tee piece kit
Few meters of beer line.

URL unfurl="true"]https://brewkegtap.co.uk/products/premium-double-keg-kegerator-kit[/URL]
That's what I went with to get started
That's the kit I'm getting but there's always a few extras that you really should get... Plus delivery is £10 to where I am so I want to get it all at once.

I got my fermzilla all rounder recently (with the pressure kit) and I'm just about to order the rest of my kegging setup.
Below is what I have in the shopping basket. I think I've got all I need but I'd appreciate any pointers on things I should be getting as well. I've already got a gas tank.

2 x 19l keg kit. Lines, disconnects and taps
Mk4 regulator
3-way manifold with check valves
Party tap kit
Beer jumper line kit
Carbonation tee piece kit
Few meters of beer line.
What's a beer jumper kit?
Do you need a party tap?

Beer jumper kit is for closed transfers (two disconnects and some line) and the party tap will be used for taking samples from the fermzilla (also to dispense if I just pop the fermzilla into the keezer).
Ah right to take samples from my fermenter I have a cheap party tap with some gas line pushed into it, fits perfectly. Add to a connector and works great.

Remember to buy spare o rings, and beers/gas connectors. These are the things that seem to break so having a replacement to hand could save a batch

I bought a few mini regulators so that I can have different pressures in each keg depending on style.

Freezer has been sourced and I'm wondering if anyone can advise on the thickness of timber to get for the collar. I've found 27mm in B&Q. Should it be as thick as possible? I'm planning to insulate the inside of the timber as well.
16740790369132781018735619542789.jpg
16740790706306720075436030772797.jpg

My understanding is the collar adds height to the freezer so you are not bending to pour a pint. Obviously it also allows you to add taps without damaging the freezer.
You could make a small collar, wide enough to add the tap's. You could then maybe jack the bottom of the freezer to add the height, some add wheels.

I'm going for a 194mm high collar so the taps will be roughly 1m from the floor. I'm just not sure about the thickness. 27mm seems grand to me but if like to be sure.

This is what I used 47 x 225mm as well as insulating on the inside

You didn't just do the timber for the rubber bit but the from the inner part of the rubber to the outer edge of the fridge body?
That would line up with mine and wouldn't have me doing a work around for the hinges.

Last edited:
You didn't just do the timber for the rubber bit but the from the inner part of the rubber to the outer edge of the fridge body?
That would line up with mine and wouldn't have me doing a work around for the hinges.
Can't remember! Will I get a few photos for you when I get home from work ?

Latest posts

Back