Kerator Build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdavies1011

Reaction score
Hi All,

This weekend I have finally finished my 6 month kegerator build. Well I have been planning and collecting bits for the last 6 months.

There have been some great threads on this site that have helped me through the build and I thought I would share some of my pictures.

Larder fridge I found on ebay for ���£10 (Shelves were broken)

The CO2 came from a local supplier for about ���£40 including deposit. All wood was treated with three coats of a liquid wax to resist moisture.

Kegs cam from the homebrewcompany while they were running an offer.

Taps came from a fellow member on this site, the splash back found in B&Q.

Several coats of blackboard paint later.

Driptray from kegkingdom.

Luckily won an Inkbird temp controller on an American site so that saved a bit of cash that went elsewhere on the build. Decided to strap the probe onto a can that wont be missed :)

Gas management board came from Norman.

Most of my fittings and pipes also came from kegkingdom. I found it a pain to find a route for the pipes that would not obstruct the door from closing.

Finished inside shot.

A little decoration. I had copied the idea of blackboard paint, It worked really well here. Excuse the soda water, that will be removed at first chance and replaced with a proper brew :thumb:

The first drink pulled through. A little hazy and even for a cheap Wilko test brew, it was tasty!

It has been a labour of love building the kegerator, If i had thought about it at the start how much it would eventually cost I probably would not have started. But collecting bit by bit and planning over 6 months hid it from the other half :lol:
Have to give credit to my old man who supplied the wisdom on many of the issues faced while putting this together, he always had a never ending supply of washers that always came in handy!

Anyone fed up with bottling out there that want to take the jump, I recommended it, there's nothing like having your own brew on tap.

Very nicely done. Love the idea of the blackboard paint. Very smart looking job all round!

My kegs are currently in the unheated conservatory, so they are fine at this time of year. I am starting to think about summer when the conservatory is in demand for what it was built for rather than a cellar.

Kegerator is probably the way to go and I'll be referring to this thread.

Reminds me I really need to sort a drip tray for mine!
I went down the sticky-back-blackboard for the front of my kegerator too, same effect though! Good job!

DA

puts my bodged one to shame.. This has given me inspiration to turn it into a piece of furniture!

IMG_3142.jpg

IMG_3141.jpg

Thanks all for the positive replies, my next challenge is a fermentation fridge :)

Great build and write up. Really jealous. What was the overall cost?

A rough calculation stands at around ��£350, with the kegs and gas management board taking a large chunk.

A couple of things whilst I think on...

I bet your Dad is proud (but doesn't say it) and you don't need to strap your inkbird probe to anything. Just have it dangling to monitor the temp of the air in the kegerator. Whatever you set the inkbird to everything in the kegerator will go to.

Mind you, as it is strapped to the side of the can it will be monitoring air temp anyway.

Floated the idea of a kegerator to the missus, she thought it was a good idea right up to the point I told her I wanted it in the dining room.

This is very cool. I've got an under counter fridge. I made a bar out of stuff I had around but yours is much better. Especially for limited floor space.
My next project is to make one of these.
Thank you for the inspiration :-)

Latest posts

Back