Kettle sour - pH not changing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am brewing Greg Hughes peach and green tea kettle sour, and have added lactic acid and yoghurt and left for 24 hours, but the pH hasn't changed since I measured after adding the acid (4.7).
Is it just a case that yogurt takes longer to sour, or is there anything I can do to get it going? It's at 35°C.
May thanks!

What type of yoghurt did you use, did you check the ingredients? If you used a muller fruit corner you might be waiting a long time 😀

Maybe, but next time just buy the Samsons Probiotics for 4 quid a tub of 30 and be done with it.

5 pills drops the pH down to 3.5 in 24 hours.

Leave it for another day and hopefully it will start to drop.

Maybe, but next time just buy the Samsons Probiotics for 4 quid a tub of 30 and be done with it.

5 pills drops the pH down to 3.5 in 24 hours.

Leave it for another day and hopefully it will start to drop.
You mean Swanson?

Hi everyone,
I am brewing Greg Hughes peach and green tea kettle sour, and have added lactic acid and yoghurt and left for 24 hours, but the pH hasn't changed since I measured after adding the acid (4.7).
Is it just a case that yogurt takes longer to sour, or is there anything I can do to get it going? It's at 35°C.
May thanks!
I use the 'juice' from asda greek style yogurt with dregs of gueze boon and it take a couple of days to drop.

Ingredients
Greek Style Natural Yogurt (Milk), Live Bacterial Cultures (Bifidobacterium, Lactobacillus Bulgaricus, Streptococcus Thermophilus)

Latest posts

Back