Kilner Beer Kit - reduced at Asda

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_1984

Reaction score
Popped into Asda to do me weekly shop and their kits (lager/bitter/cider) have been reduced from £19.50 (far too high IMO) down to £6!!!

Not that I really need kits as I do BIAB and AG brews but can't argue with that price so I got one, but will prob get a few others so I can experiment.

Check your Asda branch to see if they too are selling them (all other bits n bobs also look to be reduced too!) :thumb:

Popped into Asda to do me weekly shop and their kits (lager/bitter/cider) have been reduced from £19.50 (far too high IMO) down to £6!!!

Not that I really need kits as I do BIAB and AG brews but can't argue with that price so I got one, but will prob get a few others so I can experiment.

Check your Asda branch to see if they too are selling them (all other bits n bobs also look to be reduced too!) :thumb:
I wasn't aware that Asda were selling beer kits.I pop in a couple on a regular basis and never seen any

@ Godsdog

I live near to one of the big megastores (clothing/gardening/kitchen stuff) and noticed they started selling them around Xmas time.
To be honest, the prices for kits and bits were more expensive than Wilkos (all hail Wilkos) and initially I turned a blind eye.

However, bottle caps for £1, thermometers and hydrometers for £2... and plastic FVs for £10
Good chance to get some extra kit, methinks :mrgreen:

I can't find anything on line regarding asda home brew
I can't take it, there is a sale on and I can't find it :mrgreen:

:lol:

Hehehe yeah, the kits are not advertised via their online site
(only those in the know...know where to go) ;)

They have them in our local Asda living store, but only down to £14 at moment. So not worth it even for an experiment.

As you will see from the picture today, yesterday I got it for £6. Today it's showing £6.50...
Now it's gonna cost me 16p per pint....outrageous :mrgreen:

...and the shelves in my store are still ripe for picking (sorry, Cqr) :lol:

WP_20160315_001.jpg

We have a large asda store nearby can you remember what section they were stocked under(aisle)? Think I will pop along later,ta.just rang my local asda at home branch and although they only have the lager at the minute its £14 so it looks like the kits are at different reductions to different stores,drat and bugga

@Godsdog

I think it was in Kitchen/Home...

@hoptoit

I looked at postage but even the bog standard "Royal Mail 2nd class no signature just pray it arrives" option is about £13 which probably isn't worth it. I could take a photo of the barcode and maybe you can order it inbranch??

Latest posts

Back