Kit beers bottled- optimum times and temperature questions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teriyakimonkey

Reaction score
I bottled a couple of beers last week and currently have them in my flat at around 22 degrees.

1) Is there an ideal amount of time for me to leave them at this temp before moving them somewhere cooler to condition and store?

2) How cold is too cold when conditioning? I was going to put them in my garage or my van as long as it's above freezing.

3) I have some large tote type boxes for transportation. Should the bottles be seperated so there isn't glass on glass contact/vibrations and are there any other good practises to transport bottled beers? I will need to move them sooner or later 80 miles North to my wedding venue.

Thanks.

answer to q 1 is warm place for a week to 10 days
answer to q 2 down to anywhere above freezing our bottles are outside
answer to q 3 you can move them anywhere and it wont hurt them clattering on each other just dont shake them around too much :thumb:

If they're kept in the warm it will take longer to clear but if they are already carbonated and cleared there's no harm moving them and storing them indoors :cheers:

Latest posts

Back