Klarstein Fullhorn boiler won't switch on

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Packed the wife and kids off for a forest walk and got all my kit sanitised and ready for a double brew day today. Switch the boiler on to heat the strike water, set the temperature and go off to grab the rest of the kit. When I came back the boiler was off and no matter what I do I can't get any life out of it. This is basically an Ace boiler under a different name so I've googled but still wondering what has broken. Normally the LED would light up upon plugging in, regardless of whether the elements are switched on.

I'll call (or get the wife to do it since not sure my Czech will be sufficient) the seller about getting it returned since its still under warranty but just wondered if anyone had any ideas as to what might have gone wrong.

Ah, mine is the same for the element lights but I have the digital thermometer and that always lights up on plugging in. It did it. I set my temp and next thing I knew it had gone blank and that was that.

Mine is the original version so doesn't have the additional features of the more recent models.
Any local sparky places you could drop it into just to test things out? Hope you get a positive response from the seller though. Can't have the brew baby out of action for long

Cheers. Tom

Just an update, got the wife to call the supplier, they arranged for a courier to come and collect it today and said they'll either fix it or replace it. So so far so good. As long as they don't come back with a claim that it was improperly used or anything (it hasn't been). Inconvenient but at least its moving.

Latest posts

Back