Lables

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andymat

Reaction score
I want my brew to nice when its bottled, Can any one tell me if they label there bottles and if so which labling software do you use.

If it is any help ive got hovat multi purpose lables.

I took inspiration from http://www.beerlabelbuilder.com/ then used photoshop to get the labels below

Ascot-black-small.jpg
taffys-tackle-small.jpg

summer-caledonian-small.jpg

It took me so long to get the labels OFF all my bottles thatthere is no way am going to add more. I use a permanent marker and write a number on the cap.

Not so romantic I'm afraid, but I'm more in the business of enjoying my beer than looking at a label - especially as the bottle is in storage most of the time and comes out for 30 seconds whilst the beer is poured. Label looks nice and is fun to produce, but for me, more trouble than its worth!

get some pritt stick. do them "8 up" on your printer. easy and quick. Labels come off with warm water.

Beer label builder to get the basics and then Photoshop to add a few bits . . . sorry about the size . . . I did resize it from the printed version but not enough. . . . I'll have another try later
EffinImperialStoutLabel.jpg

It took me so long to get the labels OFF all my bottles thatthere is no way am going to add more

Pritt Stick works well or even milk. With either of these the labels just slide off when in warm water.

I like to make labels for beers that i`m giving away or if having a bbq or simular, one site that is good fun to try is

http://www.says-it.com/

design away then size and print - use pritt stick or simular - they come of really easy!

kolsch.gif

safety.gif

but like tony I don`t label all my beers as they sit in the cupboard then get drunk :lol:

I label most of mine now its makes it more interesting thinking up a name, then when your mates get given them they love it. Sorry its out of focus :oops:

11052010367.jpg

Right to left:

Portly Gent, Bog Trotter, Dirty Ditch Water, Horz Pizz, Rusty Bucket, Goerring's Gunt

for the sicker minded, you can see there's a pattern developing here :grin:

:cheers: CS

:lol: Great stuff chief - how was the horz pizz? Where or how do you design your labels they look great :clap:

i think of a suggestive name, then think about putting the double entendre together in a visual form - latest creation is called 'kerb crawler' :lol: , unforunately i havent progressed onto AG yet so most of these beers/ciders are kits or tweeked recipes. judging by the response i get from passing out the free beers its a deffo winner with my pervy mates :lol:

one of my hobbies is messing with photoshop and i'm more than happy to work on a design for anyone as long as it makes me chuckle doing it :thumb:
give me something to go on and i'll think of it and email back, all you need to do is print off - job done

:cheers: cs

I use gimp. Its free and similar to photoshop.

Blackout.jpg

its a laugh and looks ok to have something on the bottles. Makes people wonder sometimes...

Do you guys who print your own labels have problems with the ink running from condensation on the bottles?

Tony said:
It took me so long to get the labels OFF all my bottles thatthere is no way am going to add more. I use a permanent marker and write a number on the cap.

Not so romantic I'm afraid, but I'm more in the business of enjoying my beer than looking at a label - especially as the bottle is in storage most of the time and comes out for 30 seconds whilst the beer is poured. Label looks nice and is fun to produce, but for me, more trouble than its worth!

I thought that this was a great label

DSCF0010-2.jpg

GarethJB84 said:
Do you guys who print your own labels have problems with the ink running from condensation on the bottles?
laser Printer :whistle:

Back