Lidl Solevita Pear Nectar

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I did many moons ago, it wasn't successful :sick:
It needed a massive dose of pectolase to break down the pear pulp, then after fermentation it was very difficult to separate the perry from the lees :(

I've got one on the go at the moment with 3 litres apple, 1 litre pear nectar and 1 litre white grape, but it's got a huge sediment and I'll be lucky to get 4L back out of it.

Mrs Mc has really started enjoying a brew I did with whole pears and apple juice, so bought five cartons of this and five of apple juice. My plan originally was to make a fizzy perry\cider using a lager yeast, but the ferment never got under 1025 so fed it sugar and used youngs super yeast and brought it down to 1002 for a sweet wine....way too sweet for my liking, but SWMBO likes it, but it is was a heavy sediment.

Have the ingredients so will see how the pear juice turns out......well SWMBO will
As long as she leaves my plum wine alone I'm happy.

Edit: I was recommended on another site to use 3 teaspoons of pectalose for the 5gallons and it really made it drop clear

If you want pear juice tesco now do it its from consentrate in the isle with the other non refridgerates juices.
waiting till I got space to do a Turbo perry with it will post results when I do unless some one beats me to it

tubthumper said:
If you want pear juice tesco now do it its from consentrate in the isle with the other non refridgerates juices.
waiting till I got space to do a Turbo perry with it will post results when I do unless some one beats me to it

Thanks for the tip off Tubthumper :thumb: I dont usually venture into W-s-M Tescos, its full of weirdos and druggies - but I will make an exception to the rule, y'never know.. i may feel quite at home there :lol:

:cheers: stoker

chiefstoker said:
Thanks for the tip off Tubthumper :thumb: I dont usually venture into W-s-M Tescos, its full of weirdos and druggies

Is that the staff or customers :lol:

Order on line and get it deliverd to your door :thumb:

go to tescos after midnight say 2pm thats when all the really ugly people go out
like the song goes
the freaks come out at midnight

if yo dont want the werdios go in the morning its when all the younge mums go

2pm is in the afternoon :lol: The staff are quite freaky :lol:

And yes, I dont mind going to the supermarket on my own - Milf Hunter extraordinaire me :grin: ;)

:cheers: stoker

Wish I'd seen this thread earlier!!

Just started a pear TC with this stuff, it looks truly gross. Wishing I'd started it in a 2 gallon FV rather than a DJ now. :sick:

Homebrew001.jpg

Homebrew002.jpg

Homebrew004-1.jpg

4 litres of Lidl Solevita pear nectar
1/4tsp nutrient
small amount tea
1/2tsp pectolase
Young's cider yeast (rehydrated on some of the juice)
Topped up after a week
Bottled after a month
Taste 2 weeks later:
Still a bit cloudy, very peary, mainly quite pleasant but a hint of scrumpy skunkiness and a tiny bit of slightly unpleasant bitterness (not like the bitterness we associate with hops)
OTOH ErIndoors is necking it pretty quickly and says she likes it quite a lot.
I don't think the bitterness is from the tea, I only put a little bit in. It reminds me somewhat of the taste you get when you eat a real pear and it's gone brown in the hard bit down the middle and you accidentally eat that bit.
It may well be far nicer in a couple of weeks.
But, I only got 6 bottles from a full demi, coz of the massive quantities of pulp, so I don't think I'll do this one again. If I find some actual pear juice instead of the Lidl nectar with all the pulp, at a reasonable price, I'll try that (I note the ref to Tesco above).

I've just been looking on the Tesco website, but can't see the pear juice. Can anyone provide a link?

Many thanks

Latest posts

Back