Lifting table? (what do you stand your on?)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks the business, I've started degassing and finishing my wines where the FV stands to ferment as i am finding lifting a 23 Kg of wine off the floor and onto the kitchen counter a bit of a strain on my old back, its awkward to do degas it on the counter top due to the length of the degassing wand and drill so i am using a small set of steps much easier than lifting the FV.

That would allow me to wheel it into the under stairs cupboard on its lowest setting and lift it when degassing etc. 🤔

Last edited:
This is one of the areas where the g30 shines. It sits on the floor (but the controller points upwards so it's easy to read standing above it). Grain basket/malt pipe is easy to lift up from there. Then you get the wort out, you just turn the pump on.

I sort of get your point, my BM20 will do the same, apart from viewing the controller which isn't an issue... But it would be nice to see it easier.

Mine does everthing, Inc fermentation, so syphon height for bottling is important (for my back) and it can't really be pumped.

Ditto what chippy mentions moving other 50l stuff around.

Last edited:
I use a milk crate but anything over 5kg is a pita when lifting the basket, but i can get the all rounder under the tap, i can do it on the floor but as said the controler on the bz is at the bottom

Chippy.. chippy.. Chippy..

Just arrived. Nothing more that a quick play, but these are stunning. Wish I had one ages ago.

Makes worktop height. Goes down to lower than a jump step, so brilliant for malt tube removal.

Wheels lock, and rubber wheels are not skitty.

Even comes with loops to hang brewing cluck on. If you FIK this is the place for the inkbird.

This will also be a fork truck for the brewshed.

I haven't been this pleased with an online but in ages.

I use an adapted TV stand with the glass top replaced with plastic coated chip board, and a pulley fixed above it to lift the grain basket - works a treat, but that scissor lift looks smart. My issue is now moving the fermenters which at 60litres needs one of my children to help move

+1 Yeah I have a couple of those too. Good shout. The round ones are nice too & I paint mine - cos I find the MDF gets a bit unhygienic after a while.

Couldn't help myself had to brew today (just finished).
Why didn't I buy one of these years ago. Very good indeed.

Goes from low (enough to easily lift mash tube out) right upto worktop height. Much less paraphernalia than a hoist*. Plenty stable. Good height for bottling too. Think this will half my bottling time.

This is a fork truck for the brew shed.
Motorcycle Jack scissor Lift https://amzn.eu/d/dk2yB6b

*Hmm.. 🤔 I might try a reverse hoist (if that's even a thing). Secure the mash tube to the ceiling with a bit of rope, (chain / red string / boot lace / fence wire etc ) with the lift high, and then lower the kettle away from it.

Hmm.. 🤔 I might try a reverse hoist (if that's even a thing). Secure the mash tube to the ceiling with a bit of rope, (chain / red string / boot lace / fence wire etc ) with the lift high, and then lower the kettle away from it.
Smart!

I use these foldable stackable crates. Can’t remember where I got them now. One is a good height for the Brewzilla and two stacked for the sparge heater. They just fold away afterwards.

IMG_6106.jpeg

IMG_6365.jpeg

Couldn't help myself had to brew today (just finished).
Why didn't I buy one of these years ago. Very good indeed.

Goes from low (enough to easily lift mash tube out) right upto worktop height. Much less paraphernalia than a hoist*. Plenty stable. Good height for bottling too. Think this will half my bottling time.

This is a fork truck for the brew shed.
Motorcycle Jack scissor Lift Motorcycle Repair Lift,Platform Jack scissor Lift Motorbike Lift Lever Motorcycle Hydraulic Motorcycle Lift Adjustable Motorbike Repair Lift with Foot Pedal 2 Hook Clamp for Bike Atv, 13.78-34.25in : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

*Hmm.. 🤔 I might try a reverse hoist (if that's even a thing). Secure the mash tube to the ceiling with a bit of rope, (chain / red string / boot lace / fence wire etc ) with the lift high, and then lower the kettle away from it.
I've gone ahead and bought one. athumb..
I figured this will let me get on with firing up the BM rather than waiting until I finish the cabinetry in my brew space which has turned out to be much more work than I thought it would be.

So I could have my first AG brew on within the week. ashock1

Latest posts

Back